Chocolate Brownie Bites Recipe
I refuse to live a life without chocolate or indulgent tasting treats and I am serious, lol but with that being I also want to make sure that I feel good about what’s going in my body. I want to enjoy treats that still allow me to feel really good instead of making me feel sluggish, create a sugar crash, make me feel moody or bloated and just plain yuck.
And that’s why I love sharing recipes like this one 🍫 Chocolate Brownie Bites. They’re quick and easy to make, they satisfy my sweet tooth, and they’ve got healthy benefits that help us feel our best. It’s a win all around!
This recipe makes 12 servings.
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp warm water
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds
- ½ cup almond flour
- 2 scoops protein powder (I use Vegan Chocolate Shakeology you can use whatever you would like!)
- 5 pitted organic dates
- ¼ cup canned black beans, drained, rinsed + dried
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk (no added sugar or gums)
- ¼ cup unsweetened cacao powder
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp semi-sweet chocolate chips (no added sugar)
1. Make a flax egg by adding water and flax seeds to a small mixing bowl. Stir to combine and set aside for 3-5 minutes.
2. Add the flax egg, almond flour, Shakeology, dates, almond milk, beans, cacao powder, and vanilla extract to a food processor. Cover and pulse until a soft cookie-dough texture is created.
3. Using clean hands, form the dough into 12 evenly-sized balls, about 1½-inches in diameter.
4. Roll the balls in chocolate chips.
5. Serve immediately or store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days (but they probably won’t last that long!)
Portion Fix Containers: ½ Purple, ½ Blue
2B Mindset Plate It: Enjoy as an occasional treat. Be sure to track it.
Do you crave sweet or salty foods? What’s your favorite meal-plan-approved treat? If you haven’t found one, head on over to my instagram FRESHFITKATE where I share a ton recipes just like this!
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Tag me on social if you do! I love seeing others getting healthier foods into their homes and bodies!