Healthy Acai Bowl Recipe
I am so excited to share this recipe. It took several past attempts to finally create a recipe that I savored every last bite of. I had followed several different recipes, but they either seemed to be too thick or too watery & the consistency didn’t seem to be exactly right. I am happy to share my recipe with you all that will save you time from recreating or trying other recipes that may waste your ingredients, time or money.
Here are the ingredients you will need:
- 1 cup of raspberries
- 1 packet of acai (Trader Joe’s in the frozen section, this also can be found at other grocery/food stores where the frozen fruit is located)
- ⅓ cup of unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup of granola (I used one with nibs & chia seeds, make sure it is not loaded with sugar or has added oils to it)
- 1 cup of ice
- 6 ounces of unsweetened cashew milk ( any nut milk or coconut milk will do)
- 2 ounces of water
- 1 tablespoon of Almond butter or Natural Peanut butter (make sure it has no added sugar or oils to it, just the nuts)
How to make this deliciousness:
I added the cashew milk, acai packet (I ran under water for 5 seconds then broke into four pieces while adding it to the blender) almond butter, ice & water to the blender, then after the ice was blended I added one scoop of Shakeology, then blended for 30 additional seconds. It made a thick pudding like mixture. I did have to use a spatula to scrap out everything into the bowl. I then placed the raspberries on top covering almost half the bowl, followed by the shredded coconut & granola. If you do not have Shakeology you can try sample packets or you can order a bag of it. If for any reason you do not like it, simply return the empty bag to receive a refund. If you have a protein powder you can try that in place of shakeology just note that you are not getting all the superfoods, vitamins, prebiotics, probiotics & antioxidants that this would provide, you will just get protein. To clarify Shakeology is not a protein drink, but does have protein in it.
Something I am working on is actually aloqing down while eating, not eating while working or eating standing up or eating in the car or as I run around the house. Yesterday as I stood taking my first bite, I thought this taste so good I am sitting down & savoring every little bite slowly. That is exactly what I did.
I hope you all enjoy this as much as I did.