Roasted Cauliflower Mash
This twist on mashed potatoes is made with a non-starchy veggie, no cream and butter — and yet, it’s every bit as yummy as your traditional mashed potatoes. This has become a family favorite and a weekly side dish in our home.
21 Day Fix cookbook and cooking show creator Autumn Calabrese and her brother, chef Bobby Calabrese have put together this recipe and I am excited to be able to share it with you all!
Total Time: 50 min.
Prep Time: 5 min.
Cooking Time: 45 min.
Yield: 8 servings, ¼ cup each
1 (2-lb.) cauliflower, cut into small florets, discard stem
4 tsp. olive oil
1 tsp. sea salt
¼ tsp. granulated garlic (optional)
2 Tbsp. low-sodium organic vegetable broth
1. Preheat oven to 400° F
2. Wash cauliflower and pat dry.
3. Place cauliflower in large baking pan. Drizzle with oil; toss gently to coat.
4. Season with salt and garlic.
5. Bake, stirring halfway through, for 40 to 45 minutes, or until tender.
6. Place in food processor; add vegetable broth. Pulse until smooth.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Total Fat: 3 g
Saturated Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 319 mg
Carbohydrates: 5 g
Fiber: 2 g
Sugars: 2 g
Protein: 2 g