Tips To Fight Those Poor Habits & Cravings
Who is feeling frustrated that things feel like they are spiraling out of control and it’s just the beginning of December???
Honestly the struggle is so real and it’s a hot topic amongst my clients right now.
Why are so many people struggling right now, even the ones who already live a healthy lifestyle?
Well because whether our body is use to the over indulging, sugar, snacking, cocktails or not all it takes is a little indulging here or there to flip that hard core craving switch on.
Why??? Because most of these indulgent items we had over the holiday weekend have addictive ingredients.
Alcohol, pies, baked goods, cheese, salty carbs, cookies are some of the most common items being served. So if you find yourself struggling staying out of the pantry or mindless snacking here are some tips:
1. Flex the will power muscle. It’s easier said then done but you are much stronger than you think.
2. Tell yourself you can eat whatever you want you’re just choosing not to eat that.
3. Floss & brush your teeth when you are done eating for the night.
4. Find healthy alternatives that will satisfy you. My superfood smoothie was my saving grace tonight.
5. Make some hot tea.
7. Get rid of all the temptations. No guilt tossing unhealthy items.
8. Each day you fight the urge it just gets easier.
If you really want to see what these addictive foods do to your brain & why it’s such a struggle check out the documentary “Fed Up” with Katie Couric. That was an eye opener for our family!
It's not always easy fighting these cravings, but it can be done and each day you conquer the easier it will get because these urges start to go away! Stay strong and remember how good your body it feels and functions at it's best when it's getting good fuel!
Hope these tips help!!!