The struggle is real for so many of us with emotional eating or drinking or both! Maybe you call it stress eating? I created a poll & hundreds of my followers on Instagram selected they were struggling with this.
I want to share a lot of things that have helped me, in hopes that if you are struggling yourself these tips will help you!
Hope these tips help:
1. Get moving! When those urges hit go for a brisk walk or a run or stream a ten minute ab workout.
2. Journal your thoughts & feelings.
3. Talk to someone to distract you. Make a list of friends & family you haven’t spoken to for a while & FaceTime them.
4. Are you a crafter? Sew, paint, color, start a project, scrapbook whatever you can do to keep your hands busy & your mind distracted.
5. Ask yourself if your hungry enough to eat carrots & celery? If not get out of the kitchen.
6. Tell yourself “I can eat that I’m just choosing not to”
7. Get rid of anything that temps you
8. Grab a book or if you listen to a book grab a hot tea or a large water.
10. Blast your favorite song & start dancing
Good books to read to help you would be:
📚made you crave
📚Eating Drinking Overthinking
When you find what works stick to that so you begin to create a new habit.
Give yourself time & grace.
No shame in therapy or counseling to help you! If you need it, get it.
Hope this helps you feel more in control!