How To Boost Your Health Today
I wanted to share some tips on how to boost your health starting today! There are so many simple things you can begin to do right away that canpositively affect your health and well being. My hope is whether you are currently living a healthy lifestyle or looking to adapt to one these tips will help you in some way!
1. “The very first place to start is a good night’s sleep,” says Jarrod Spencer, Psy.D., sports psychologist at Mind of the Athlete in Bethlehem, PA.But anyone who has spent the night (or nights) counting sheep, staring at the ceiling, or tossing and turning knows that it’s easier said than done.Before you turn to over-the-counter sleep aids, set yourself up for sleep success by optimizing your bedroom — like using light dimmers so you can adjust the level of lighting, getting the right pillow, and investing in a sound machine. Getting enough sleep can impact your mood, mental clarity, your ability to lose weight, energy levels, and more, so it’s important to try to get enough sleep under your belt every night. Making sure you reduce your screen time at least 30-45 minutes prior to trying to fall alseep in studies is showing you will actaully get into a deeper sleep which is so important to your health and something I need to work on myself.
2. Breathe. Super simple yet super effective. I can not tell you how many times I take a deep breathe in through my nose and out through my mouth and think to myself when is the last time I actually took a deep breathe like this? Fosucing on deep breathe in and out will naturally calm your mind and body. It's super simple, free and it works. So if you are feeling the worry or anxiousness creeping in this is a great way to combat those feelings.
3. Water is a great way to quench your thirst, but it’s also essential to many vital body processes.You’ve probably read or heard that you need to drink eight glasses of water a day. Turns out there’s no scientific evidence to support that — your daily water requirements vary depending on your age, gender, size, activity level, and other factors.Beachbody the company I am partnered up with recommends using your body weight as a general guide to get you started. Drink your body weight, divided by two, in ounces.So if you weigh 150 pounds — that would be 150 divided by 2, which equals 75. That’s 75 ounces of water you should be drinking every day.Keep yourself hydrated and on track for your health goals by carrying a water bottle with you and refilling it throughout the day. But something that is super important is make sure you wash your water bottle everyday, germs build up so fast in our waters bottles.
4. What you fuel your body with matters so much. The more sugar and processed foods you can remove the better your body will feel mentally along with phsyically. Even when we are doing our best to eat healthy we may not be getting everything our bodies need to thrive and feel their best. I do recommend getting bloodwork done with a hollistic doctor to make sure all your are not deficient in any area beacsue this can effect your health, energy and mood. I started consuming Shakeology 6 years ago and before you tune me out, you need to know I was the biggest skeptic around until I did my research and regulary consumed it myself. I truly believe this is liquad gold to my body because of everything it provides and I honestly look forward to consuming it every day. If you are curious or would like to learn more this is a great place to start:
5. Wash your hands with regular soap for at least twentey seconds and keep your hands away from your face. This will keep you healthier and allow the germs you do have not to spread to others.
6. What you fuel your mind with matters. I never realized how much personal develpoment would impact my mental well being over the last 5 years like it has. I have realized listening to books that will strengthen certain areas of weakness or struggles for me have helped me in ways I am so grateful for! Even listening to podcasts have helped as well. If you need any suggestions for books to read or listen to on audible or podcasts please reach out to me, I love ebing able to help others!
7. Move your body! Whether it's going for a ten minute brisk walk or commiting to a workout routine, movig your body gets those endorphins flowing, reduces stress and helps you create a healthy mind along with body! If you are unable to get to your classes or your gym let me know, I am hosting a 2 week virtual group. I am sharing links to workouts to stream for free along with a positive ocmmunity to srround yourself with and a meal plan that includes recipes along with a grocery list!
My hope is these tips help you in some way! Some of these tips I have nailed and others not so much but what matters is that we show up each day giving it our best!