Boneless chicken wings gone clean was on the menu tonight. Getting my family on board to eat clean was definitely a struggle at first. Change is not easy when your not expecting or ready for it, especially when it involves getting rid of some of your families unhealthy staples that they think that can not survive without. I learned real quick that I needed to figure out how to make some of their favorite foods, healthier.
I found this recipe to make "clean" boneless chicken wings, but I tweaked it to make them healthier than what was suggested.I also used Tessamaes sauce which has half the sodium that Frank's Buffalo wing sauce has. I order all my wing sauce from them, along with my mayo and salad dressings. My 14 year old could not believe how good they tasted & said they were as good as her favorite chicken wings & my husband loved them too!
Serving for 5
5 Boneless, Skinless Chicken breasts
1 cup of whole grain flour
Tessamaes wing sauce
1 tsp of garlic powder
Dash of sea salt
1 tsp of cayenne pepper
Liquid coconut oil
1.Preheat Oven to 400 degrees
2. line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
3. slice the chicken breast into 1 inches pieces
4. beat the eggs
5. mix the flour, cayenne pepper, garlic powder & sea salt
6. Dip the chicken in the egg, then lightly coat in the flour mixture. Place them on the parchment paper with little space in between each piece. Then after you fill the pan, spray them lightly with coconut oil. I put coconut oil in my Misto.
7. Place the chicken in the oven and cook for 15 minutes, then use tongs to flip them over and cook for another ten minutes.
8. Place wing sauce in a dish and use tongs to coat each piece of chicken in the wing sauce.
Serve with carrots, celery and salad! Enjoy!
If you are following the 21 Day Fix, 21 Day Fix Extreme, Cize or Hammer & Chisel Nutrition plan it would equal 1/2 yellow & 1 red
Save 20% off your order at Tessamaes by entering the code "newbie" http://www.tessemaes.com/collections/all/products/mild-hot-sauce